As part of her UnMasked project, this 2-hour workshop offers a series of embodied practices as pathways for object creation and proposes ways of using the body as time-based sculpture. In response to Sharka Bosakova’s latest UnMasked Exhibition at Cooroy Butter Arts Factory, participants will be guided by interdisciplinary performance-maker Ruby Donohoe to explore various stages of plaster cast creation using movement improvisation and somatic research.
This process will be used to excavate relationships between the animate and inanimate, objectivity and subjectivity, and temporal negotiations of space. Through a series of poetic invitations and physical instructions, the workshop will offer processes for tuning into impulse, somatic information, materiality, and site.
WHAT TO EXPECT
– Plaster will be applied directly to participants’ torsos over the top of their clothing.
– Participants should wear comfortable, long-sleeved pants and tops that they are ok with getting wet and/or dirty. Participants will be working barefoot.
– Please note the workshop will be in Cooroy Butter Arts Factory exhibition space on polished concrete floors.
– Open to all levels of movement experience.
– Please indicate previous injuries or movement restrictions; access needs; and/or previous movement experience.